"Studying the Holocaust changed the way I make decisions." - Student

Friday, June 12, 2015

Introducing Julia

Hello everyone!  My name is Julia Thompson and I have just joined the staff of the Holocaust Center for Humanity as its first Education Outreach Associate.  I interned at the Center for the past two summers and am thrilled to be back in a full-time position!

I was born and raised in Seattle and recently graduated from Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington with a History degree.  While at Whitman I worked as a writing tutor as well as in the study abroad office, was involved in my sorority, and studied piano alongside my classes.  My honors thesis – inspired by my time at the Holocaust Center – focused on Jewish Displaced Persons and Allied policy in several DP camps in occupied Germany.

I am so excited to be working for the Center in its beautiful new building.  I will be working closely with Ilana on educational programs like teaching trunks, field trips, seminars, the Speakers Bureau, and more.  I look forward to reaching people all over the region through these amazing programs, and to help spread knowledge and awareness of the Holocaust and related topics.  I am extremely grateful to have this wonderful opportunity immediately after graduation.  It is truly an honor and a pleasure to be part of such an important organization in this community alongside so many dedicated, wonderful individuals!  I look forward to meeting you soon.

1 comment: